Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdowse
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to edit the status reason (statuscode) option list

Hi all

I want to use the status reason (statuscode) field in my custom entity to track the status of my records, so I need to add some of my own status reasons - when I try to edit the field it tells me "Switch to classic experience to make changes to items of a StatusCode field." but I do not know how to get to the classic experience from the entity field list - can anyone help?

Thanks!

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@sdowse - You can access the classic experience by doing the following:

• Within the Power Apps Maker site (https://make.powerapps.com), which where I assume you are, click the gear icon in the top-right corner.
    • Power Apps Maker Site - Advanced SettingsPower Apps Maker Site - Advanced Settings
  • This will launch a new browser tab (or window) for the classic experience "Settings" area.
  • Click the drop-down arrow next to "Settings".
  • Now, if you are using custom solutions (recommended) for your configurations, then click on "Solutions" (2). If you are using the Default Solution, then click on "Customizations" (1).
    • Dynamics 365 - Accessing the classic settings areaDynamics 365 - Accessing the classic settings area
    • If you are using a custom solution, then open the "Solutions" area and then click on the name of the solution.
  • Both methods will open a solution editor window.
  • Click on the small arrow to the left of "Entities" on the left-hand side. This will expand the entities list.
  • Click on the small arrow to the left of your specific entity to expand the option and you will see "Fields" listed. 
  • Click on "Fields" and your list of fields will be on the right-hand side.

• To edit the Status Reason, find the "Status Reason" field in the list and double-click it to edit the field.
  • At the bottom of the field editor window, there will be a drop-list that represents the "Status". The items in the list box represent the "Status Reasons". So, for example, the "Status" could be "Active" and the "Status Reasons" could "Active", "Open", "Available", etc. (or whatever you would like them to be).
    • Dynamics 365 - Edit Status ReasonDynamics 365 - Edit Status Reason

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@sdowse - You can access the classic experience by doing the following:

• Within the Power Apps Maker site (https://make.powerapps.com), which where I assume you are, click the gear icon in the top-right corner.
    • Power Apps Maker Site - Advanced SettingsPower Apps Maker Site - Advanced Settings
  • This will launch a new browser tab (or window) for the classic experience "Settings" area.
  • Click the drop-down arrow next to "Settings".
  • Now, if you are using custom solutions (recommended) for your configurations, then click on "Solutions" (2). If you are using the Default Solution, then click on "Customizations" (1).
    • Dynamics 365 - Accessing the classic settings areaDynamics 365 - Accessing the classic settings area
    • If you are using a custom solution, then open the "Solutions" area and then click on the name of the solution.
  • Both methods will open a solution editor window.
  • Click on the small arrow to the left of "Entities" on the left-hand side. This will expand the entities list.
  • Click on the small arrow to the left of your specific entity to expand the option and you will see "Fields" listed. 
  • Click on "Fields" and your list of fields will be on the right-hand side.

• To edit the Status Reason, find the "Status Reason" field in the list and double-click it to edit the field.
  • At the bottom of the field editor window, there will be a drop-list that represents the "Status". The items in the list box represent the "Status Reasons". So, for example, the "Status" could be "Active" and the "Status Reasons" could "Active", "Open", "Available", etc. (or whatever you would like them to be).
    • Dynamics 365 - Edit Status ReasonDynamics 365 - Edit Status Reason

View solution in original post

Thank you so much @PowerBack19 - that's brilliant.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (46,846)