cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cymorg1
Advocate I
Advocate I

How to filter a column by logged in user's email attribute

I have a custom table with a column "Email Address".  I have a view for this table which I'd like to filter by the current logged in user's email address.

The table looks like this...
table.jpg

The view's filter will be something like below, but how do I refer to the currently logged in user's email address? What should I use in place of Customer().Email?

filter.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gotchya, I didn't realize it was for Power Apps Portals. To achieve that there are a couple of simple steps to do:

1. Setup Entity Permissions to allow the specific web roles to have access to contacts/account that they own
  2. Configure Entity List. Pick your Dataverse view, enable Entity Permissions, and configure Filter Conditions

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
anupam8555
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @cymorg1 ,

There is not any OOB feature yet with which you will be able to dynamically place logged in user email address. Here is alternative to this . 

* Create a lookup with System User entity 

* On Create/Update of email address check if this email address exists for any user using workflow

* if it exist than set new field (lookup) = User 

* Create your view for new field (lookup) and select "Equal to logged in User"

Let me if it helps you. 

Thanks

Anupam

(please mark as resolved or give kudos if it really helps you)

EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @cymorg1,

To supplement on the previous post, depending on your requirement, you don't necessary need that custom email address column. Out-of-the-box, you have modified by, created by and Owner (which the default is the created by user), you can then filter your view with either of those columns. Example:
2021-02-22_12-38-56.png

Hope this helps!

@EricRegnier Sorry, that isn't the answer.  CreatedBy and Owner entities are populated by User objects.  I'm looking to filter a list containing a Contact/Customer object by the logged in user's email (or other attribute) in a Power Apps Portal.  I'm trying to make a Portal that allows customer to see their own records, for example, a repair request that is created by staff (i.e. a User) and flagged to an existing customer (i.e. a Contact, or in this case by the customer's email address).  The customer will then login to the portal and see only records that are flagged to their email address.  I hope that makes sense.

dpoggemann
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @cymorg1,

I think this was already answered in another post.  Can you take a look and hopefully it helps?  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Portals/How-can-we-filter-record-on-portal-based-on-l... 

Thanks much!

Drew

Gotchya, I didn't realize it was for Power Apps Portals. To achieve that there are a couple of simple steps to do:

1. Setup Entity Permissions to allow the specific web roles to have access to contacts/account that they own
  2. Configure Entity List. Pick your Dataverse view, enable Entity Permissions, and configure Filter Conditions

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,254)