cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sagirkazi
Frequent Visitor

How to identify a row belongs to which Queue

For a custom entity/table in Dataverse, I have enabled Queue. I can do the record assignment to queue and can view them under queue/queue items. My question is if I am looking at the records in custom entity, how can I find out which queue it belongs to? I see a relationship created between custom entity and queue but I don't see any lookup column or anything that can give me the queue information. Please advice. Thanks

Custom entity with Queue enabled:

sagirkazi_0-1651093782883.png

Relationship between entity and queue:

sagirkazi_2-1651094223492.png

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @sagirkazi,

The Queue Item table is where you will find which queue your record is tied to.

Details on working with queues are described further here

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks for the response but thats not my question. My question is if I am looking at the records in custom entity, how can I find out which queue it belongs to? To elaborate, my custom entity name is "Claims" which is enabled for queue. When I look at the data from Claims entity, how can I know which row is part of which queue?

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

As per Chris's answer.  There is no value on the record itself, the information is held in the Queue Item record (lookup to the your record, Lookup to the Queue).  IF you need to see the the Queue Item (or info on that record) on the record itself, you would need to add a Subgrid on the form for the 'Claims' record

sagirkazi
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Fubar, which means that the queue name cannot be displayed on the Views (grid-view) of my custom entity. I tried to add "Related Object" but the Queue related columns wont show. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,044)