cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edel12345
Microsoft
Microsoft

How to make Entity Column Fields editable? (Lock icon next to the fields)

Hi, I have an entity/table here and most of the fields are not editable with a lock icon, see screenshot here:

edel12345_3-1643667843721.png

I noticed that the quantity field is editable and I am able to click on it and freely change its value, but the other fields are not editable, and I would like to know where I can change these settings.

I went to the Power Apps Table and found where these columns are, but I don't see anywhere that lets me changes its edit-ability. For example, these are all the settings for Billing Frequency:

edel12345_2-1643667780212.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
edel12345
Microsoft
Microsoft

Nevermind, closing this issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @edel12345,

It looks like you are using an Editable Grid. If you have any business rules that are entity scoped, you'll want to confirm if those are locking the fields. The other things that would cause the fields to not be editable are field security profiles. You'll want to confirm if you have access to edit those columns if so.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Hi,

I checked the 2 places that you mentioned and they both seem fine to me:

I don't have any business rules set for this entity: 

edel12345_0-1643674883201.png

and the Field Security option is already set to Disable:

edel12345_1-1643674993981.png

What else can I try?

edel12345
Microsoft
Microsoft

Nevermind, closing this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,725)