cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
josegdiazv
Regular Visitor

How to make a lookup field look for another field than the default in the Account Entity

Dear Support,

 

I have a dataflow that is intended to load records in a lookup field, the idea is that this relationship is being done by a particular field which is the Customer Code (AgentAcct).  (Link I have used as a guide).

 

The problem is that when I run the workflow it fails because "The Lookup Value was not found".

josegdiazv_1-1613665434860.png

 

So checking the related entity to search the associate record with the account table, only shows the value for the account name instead of the Customer code, and I believe that is the main reason why is failing (see the picture below)

josegdiazv_0-1613665286413.png

 

So in summary it seems that the related search is being done by the account name instead of the customer code (AgentAcct)) and I would like to be able to change that which I believe is being done by default.

 

Thank you,

 

Jose G Diaz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @josegdiazv,

For the lookup search it can be done by both name and/or code, you'll need to check what the quick find view is configured as on the table.

  1. Navigate to the table --> Views
  2. Open the Quick Find View
    EricRegnier_0-1613854501944.png
  3. Click on "Edit find table columns" and check the desired find fields/columns:
    EricRegnier_1-1613854594195.png
  4. Save all and Publish

You can also change the default view that is displayed in the lookup dropdown by editing (or creating a new view) the view that is bound to the lookup:

EricRegnier_2-1613855033240.png

 

For your dataflow, have a look @dpoggemann link to set some alternate keys.

Hope this helps!

 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dpoggemann
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @josegdiazv ,

 

Looking at what you are trying to do here I think you need to look at alternate keys to address the issue.  Please take a look at the following link as it goes into pretty good detail / example.  https://dynamicscitizendeveloper.com/2020/04/21/how-to-map-a-lookup-field-in-a-power-platform-datafl...

 

Hope this helps.  If it does, please mark accepted.


Thanks,

 

Drew

EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @josegdiazv,

For the lookup search it can be done by both name and/or code, you'll need to check what the quick find view is configured as on the table.

  1. Navigate to the table --> Views
  2. Open the Quick Find View
    EricRegnier_0-1613854501944.png
  3. Click on "Edit find table columns" and check the desired find fields/columns:
    EricRegnier_1-1613854594195.png
  4. Save all and Publish

You can also change the default view that is displayed in the lookup dropdown by editing (or creating a new view) the view that is bound to the lookup:

EricRegnier_2-1613855033240.png

 

For your dataflow, have a look @dpoggemann link to set some alternate keys.

Hope this helps!

 

View solution in original post

josegdiazv
Regular Visitor

Thank you a lot for your answer Eric, Drew,

 

The issue with the lookup view is solved by doing what Eric mentioned, but I was confusing things and are different than the issue with the dataflow.

 

So the issue with the dataflow continues, I did what the link said and I could replicate it by creating two custom entities from scratch and it works perfect, the problem arises when I try to use one custom entity that I have coming from the dataflow and importing the customer code (AgentAcct) with a lookup field that is in the account out of the box table.

 

As you said and if the issue is related to the keys, it could be that I have two keys in the custom entity, see the picture below:

josegdiazv_0-1614261864060.png

 

But the AWBID key I need in other to avoid duplicate fields creation.

 

But also is wired because checking the log file it seems to be doing the lookup in the right field.

josegdiazv_1-1614262010083.png

 

Also, I double-check in the account table two things first that the code actually exits and also that we don't have any duplicates record. Below a couple of more screenshots with the configuration.

josegdiazv_2-1614262197942.pngjosegdiazv_3-1614262236127.png

 

josegdiazv_4-1614262256492.png

 

josegdiazv_6-1614262394661.png

 

josegdiazv_7-1614262416851.png

 

josegdiazv_5-1614262332022.png

josegdiazv_8-1614262830105.png

 

Hope this information help to troubleshoot better the issue.

 

Thank you,

 

Jose G Diaz

 

 

 

 

 

 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,976)