cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashokpershad
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

How to remove DELEGATION warning

I am using below formula for one of my canvas app screen dropdown where I want all numbers(text type) to be filter out in Ascending order. 

Distinct(Sort(Overalls, Value('Overall WO'), Ascending),Value('Overall WO'))

I am getting Delegation warning  in 1st Value function (Value('Overall WO'). How shall I remove this Delegation warning. Please support.

Also, what formula shall I use in case I don't want to convert the Text type to Value and it just filter out the Numbers (text type) in ascending order?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @ashokpershad ,

Couple options:

1.  Can you do the query and pull back all of the values and populate a Collection?  You should then be able to sort / do distinct on the collection and remove the delegation.

2.  If you are utilizing AutoNumber in Dataverse and want to sort the records as Numbers...

My thought here is you could create a Power Automate Flow that would trigger on creation of the record or update of your AutoNumber field and have it convert the AutoNumber to a Whole Number and populate another field on your table.  This could be utilized as the default "sort" order for your table or on a specific view that is sorted and when you pull up in Canvas App you can utilize this view.  I am still concerned that if you are trying to do a "Distinct" you will still get the unique set.  If this is an autonumber field you should not have duplicates though so Distinct would not be required in this situation.

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @ashokpershad ,

Couple options:

1.  Can you do the query and pull back all of the values and populate a Collection?  You should then be able to sort / do distinct on the collection and remove the delegation.

2.  If you are utilizing AutoNumber in Dataverse and want to sort the records as Numbers...

My thought here is you could create a Power Automate Flow that would trigger on creation of the record or update of your AutoNumber field and have it convert the AutoNumber to a Whole Number and populate another field on your table.  This could be utilized as the default "sort" order for your table or on a specific view that is sorted and when you pull up in Canvas App you can utilize this view.  I am still concerned that if you are trying to do a "Distinct" you will still get the unique set.  If this is an autonumber field you should not have duplicates though so Distinct would not be required in this situation.

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (1,519)