Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Pezzoli
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

How to rename PDF file automatically during export

Hi all,

Export to PDF in Model-driven App is very limited: each time users must rename the file with the ID code of the current form offered.

Users don't want to export the PDF file with the template name and manually rename it (for example rename with Quote ID code)!

How to capture a column value during SAVE AS to PDF in order to automatically rename the file? Is there a workaround? Some advice?

ExportToPDF.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @David_Pezzoli,

Unfortunately as you say this export to PDF is limited, and from what I know if you automatically preset the name. You can only manually rename in the Save As textbox.
You can however for Email action have a Dataverse plugin that triggers on create of Attachment (activitymimeattachment) record and renames the attachment file name to the desired name. You can have logic to trigger only if the Email is regarding a quote or if the PDF name is the template name. This a more complicated scenario which requires a developer to write C# code and would only work for emailing a PDF.

I would recommend to submit that idea though at: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas 

Hope this helps!

Done!

David_Pezzoli
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

@EricRegnier thanks for your advice.

I know Plugin C #: Could you kindly send me a link to the example or similar scenario you propose, please?
Question: can Power Automante flow also be used? Or do you recommend Plugin just to capture the file during the native file attach process?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Users online (1,897)