cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tanya2
Regular Visitor

How to route case to desired queue

Hi,

I want to- route my cases to a desired queue based on a field on case form. 

Case entity has a field "Type" which is optionset with values "Help" and "Request".

I want to create automatic cloud flow to automatic route case to "Help" queue if Type=Help and if Type=Request, case should be added to "Request" queue. 

How can I do this with Microsoft Dataverse connector?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AaronKGumbs
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Tanya,

You would be better off using Routing Rules in Dynamics 365 to do this, I've posted a link here: Automatically route cases using basic routing rulesets | Microsoft Learn.

Please let us know how you get on, and mark my reply as answer if this solves the issue.

Thanks,

Aaron

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
AaronKGumbs
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Tanya,

You would be better off using Routing Rules in Dynamics 365 to do this, I've posted a link here: Automatically route cases using basic routing rulesets | Microsoft Learn.

Please let us know how you get on, and mark my reply as answer if this solves the issue.

Thanks,

Aaron

Thanks Aaron!

But I still want to do it with flow. I don't want any manual intervention. As soon as the field has value and form is saved, case should be routed automatically to desired queue. 

AaronKGumbs
Advocate I
Advocate I

Routing Rules do not require manual intervention after configuration, they are designed for this purpose to make it easier to define than a flow 😊

If you still want to use a flow, you need to use the 'when a record is modified' trigger and you need to set your trigger conditions to only execute when Type is changed. The challenge you might have here with flow is that you should only have one Queue Item per record to avoid the record being accidentally moved into two Queues at the same time. This means that within your flow you'll need to check if a Queue Item already exists and modify it if it does, otherwise, you'll then be able to create a new Queue Item using the 'create a row' action in order to move the Case to a Queue. 

I would definitely recommend the routing rule approach, now Unified Routing depending on the availability you have in your tenant as it cuts out a lot of the design process and testing that you'll need to go through in order to avoid two Queue Items. 

Let me know how you get on!

Tanya2
Regular Visitor

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the detail explanation. I got your point and tried the same. It worked but still I feel there's a glitch.

When I enter the value in "Type" field, it is triggering the rule and sending it to desired queue. I can check it through "Queue Item details" button on case ribbon. 

Tanya2_1-1664349496236.png

But when I check in queue, there are no queue items. 

Tanya2_2-1664349540953.png

AaronKGumbs
Advocate I
Advocate I

It sounds like you've made fantastic progress on here, nice work! Check for the Queue Item by using Advanced Find and add all Columns to the view in order to see exactly what data is associated with your Queue Item. This should help us to identify why we can't see it in the Queue itself.

Tanya2
Regular Visitor

I tried advanced find but couldn't find any promising answers.

I searched the specific queue and I kept the condition of data in queue item. I got this result.

Tanya2_0-1664359128226.png

But records are blank for Queue items.

Tanya2_1-1664359274387.png

AaronKGumbs
Advocate I
Advocate I

Can you share a screenshot of your solution for routing Queue Items please?

Tanya2
Regular Visitor

I have created one routing rule.

Tanya2_2-1664427811564.png

Under it, this is the first rule item.

Tanya2_0-1664427736328.png

This is the second item.

Tanya2_1-1664427782501.png

AaronKGumbs
Advocate I
Advocate I

Possibly a silly question, but have you activated the Rule Set now? One of the things I always forget to do is to Activate my Routing Rules or set my SLAs as default! The option can be found when you first go into the Routing Rule Set. 

AaronKGumbs_0-1664447108777.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,401)