Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rydman
Helper II
Helper II

How to troubleshoot dataflows

Hi,

I have a dataflow that pulls a number of tables from another environment. The schemas in source and target are identical. If the target tables are empty, the flow works as expected. If I rerun the flow, it runs for about 10 minutes, then fails with the unhelpful message: 

"There was a problem refreshing the dataflow. Please try again later. (Request ID: 67993598-ac32-470e-9aa9-ff87a2d4835d)."

No hint as to what causes the problem. I have set up a small PoC for myself with other tables but with similar features (specifically parent tables with lookup fields to child tables) which works as expected, i.e. I can refresh it several times without a glitch.

I've also tried to split the dataflow into separate flows, one for each table, with the same result.

Are there any logs or other tools to figure out what's going wrong?

Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rydman,

There could be several reasons, common ones are:

1. Dataflow is trying to import duplicate records where the alternate key is being violated. To debug, try deactivating the alt key(s) or try with no update scenarios 
  2. Privileges issues where the user maybe have create but not write privileges. Tpo debug, assign the the system admin to the account and see if that works.
  3. It could be a custom process like a plugin or workflow triggering and causing issues. Try to look at those and deactivate them?

FInally, you can try to open a Microsoft support ticket at https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support and they can probably provide additional info from their telemetry on their end. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rydman,

There could be several reasons, common ones are:

1. Dataflow is trying to import duplicate records where the alternate key is being violated. To debug, try deactivating the alt key(s) or try with no update scenarios 
  2. Privileges issues where the user maybe have create but not write privileges. Tpo debug, assign the the system admin to the account and see if that works.
  3. It could be a custom process like a plugin or workflow triggering and causing issues. Try to look at those and deactivate them?

FInally, you can try to open a Microsoft support ticket at https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support and they can probably provide additional info from their telemetry on their end. 

Hope this helps!

Hi @EricRegnier 

It was indeed a problem with keys. It was not key duplication that was the problem but the way I had constructed a key that was causing the problem. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

I would still appreciate having some log or other mechanism to tell me what's causing problems. Being able to debug must be every bit as crucial for dataflows as for any other piece of running code one would think.

Cheers!

I know @Rydman it's a common annoying from Dataflows! Feel free to submit the idea at: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,423)