cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hmedhat
Helper II
Helper II

I want to filter the entity record view according to the login portal user email vs Email1 field .Email1 is a text field not a lookup and already contain values .

I want to filter the entity record view according to the login portal user email vs Email1 field .Email1 is a text field not a lookup and already contain values .

11 REPLIES 11

because I have many records in the entity I can't create a relationship via contact entity and start to fill my custom entity lookup fields it's more than 5000 records,so what i want to do is to filter a text field in my custom entity via the current login user. @EricRegnier 

Hi, I know this is not what you want to hear, but it's probably easier to create the contact records and associate with your products than anything else, also this is a much better approach for what you need

a few more questions:

• the 5000 records, are they products or contacts?
  • do you have an idea how many records you have in total?
  • do you already have all contacts created in your CDS?
  • how familiar are you with c# / plugins?
  • is it one product for each contact? or multiple products for each contact?

what I would do in your situation:

• if this is a one time off, I would create a console app and make any update/insert necessary in bulk
  • if this would be recurrent, I would create an on-demand Workflow that populates the contact based on the e-mail address (you might need to add custom c# workflow activity to make the retrieve)
  • than you can trigger this manually, even if you have to do it 250 by 250 records

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (932)