Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucian
Advocate III
Advocate III

Image type field broken thumbnail

Hello,

I have an issue with a field data type "Image". I'm storing a picture that later would be used into a gallery control.

The problem is that I would like to use the Image.Value not the Image.Full property but the thumbnail is "broken".

PA_BrokenThumbnail.png

I have tried to delete the picture and add it again but no change.

Is there any way to make the thumbnail show the correct/complete picture?

Thank you,

Lucian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Finally I have find out what could be the problem, even it seems more like a "bug".

The thumbnail was "broken" because of the image ratio - when the image have a square canvas like 64x64 or 128x128 the thumbnail was perfect, but when the image has one side smaller like 32x64 or 64x128 the resulting thumbnail was cut-off.

I have solved the problem by resizing the picture to have the same height and width and then the thumbnail was created correctly.

Kind Regards,

Lucian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @Lucian ,

What image format are you choosing?  Have you tried to utilize SVG format?  I would expect the thumbnail would retain the full image in that scenario.  If you can't do that I would try PNG.  

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

Hi @dpoggemann ,

And thank you for your message.

I'm using PNG files.

I have tried to upload a SVG file in my dataverse table but it gave me an error: "File type is not supported; allowed types: gif, png, bmp, jpg, jpeg".

Any other ideas?

Thank you,

Lucian

Hello,

Finally I have find out what could be the problem, even it seems more like a "bug".

The thumbnail was "broken" because of the image ratio - when the image have a square canvas like 64x64 or 128x128 the thumbnail was perfect, but when the image has one side smaller like 32x64 or 64x128 the resulting thumbnail was cut-off.

I have solved the problem by resizing the picture to have the same height and width and then the thumbnail was created correctly.

Kind Regards,

Lucian

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,522)