cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Images complete URL

I built an App using the CDS as the foundation.  The app allows users to report issues that need fixing by the physical plant folks.  There is an option to include a picture in the issue report.  I am pointing Power BI to the Entity containing the data and I am pulling the info over.  All works well except for the images so I cannot include them in the report.  Seems like the issue is caused by the records not including the base URL for the image, and Power BI would like the full URL to display it in the report.  How can I find the base URL?  thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @JaguarMonkey ,

Could you please share more details about your scenario?

If you want to retrieve the URL of the image, you will have to save the image into somewhere online such as SharePoint Library or cloud storages like OneDrive or Google Drive, then you could get the URL through a Flow.

If you would like to know how to accomplish this process, please refer to below video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQVYid1p_vA

In the Flow you could add an action to retrieve the URL of the file. Then store this URL in some Text field for Power BI to refer to.

v-jefferni_0-1604665824544.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @JaguarMonkey ,

Could you please share more details about your scenario?

If you want to retrieve the URL of the image, you will have to save the image into somewhere online such as SharePoint Library or cloud storages like OneDrive or Google Drive, then you could get the URL through a Flow.

If you would like to know how to accomplish this process, please refer to below video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQVYid1p_vA

In the Flow you could add an action to retrieve the URL of the file. Then store this URL in some Text field for Power BI to refer to.

v-jefferni_0-1604665824544.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Users online (47,338)