Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HimanshuSSharma
Resolver I
Resolver I

Import data from Excel- New Columns in Table are not recognized

Hi Community,

Adding for the benefit of community- we have a solution in Prod environment that went into Dev a couple of weeks back. During Dev, we added some columns to the Dataverse Tables as an update to the solution. When we imported the solution back to Prod, we had to update the existing data in the Table. We downloaded the data, imported the solution which added columns to the Table, removed all the data from the Dataverse, updated the data in excel and tried importing the data back into the Dataverse table.

Now while Importing the data using Get data from Excel option, the system did not recognize the newly added columns despite publishing customizations and a 100 or so refreshes.

What worked was- and I might be completely off the rocker here but so is Power Platform- I exported the data from the tables (which were blank btw), and by some miracle the Get data from Excel also starts recognizing those columns.

Hoping that this will save some painful rework for others!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,467)