Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HimanshuSSharma
Resolver I
Resolver I

Import data from Excel- New Columns in Table are not recognized

Hi Community,

Adding for the benefit of community- we have a solution in Prod environment that went into Dev a couple of weeks back. During Dev, we added some columns to the Dataverse Tables as an update to the solution. When we imported the solution back to Prod, we had to update the existing data in the Table. We downloaded the data, imported the solution which added columns to the Table, removed all the data from the Dataverse, updated the data in excel and tried importing the data back into the Dataverse table.

Now while Importing the data using Get data from Excel option, the system did not recognize the newly added columns despite publishing customizations and a 100 or so refreshes.

What worked was- and I might be completely off the rocker here but so is Power Platform- I exported the data from the tables (which were blank btw), and by some miracle the Get data from Excel also starts recognizing those columns.

Hoping that this will save some painful rework for others!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Apps User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (30,098)