cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SkiDK
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Import failed due missing dependencies (deleted connection reference)

Hi all,

I have a solution with an app and connection references I try to import to another environment through a pipeline. It fails because it has a missing dependency: a SQL connection reference.

Thing is that this solution was cloned from another solution in which the missing connection reference was created and thus cloned. I then deleted the connection reference from the cloned solution, but now I cannot import this solution to another environment due this missing dependency.

Is there a way I can remove this dependency of the removed connection reference in the solution? 

Many thanks!

Ski

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SkiDK
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @rampprakash, thanks for your reply, but I found the solution. See below:

1. Export solution, and open zip file
  2. Removed all objects linked to the missing connection reference in 'customizations.xml'
  3. Removed missing dependency between <MissingDependencies> tags for missing connection reference in 'solution.xml'
  4. Zip the folder with changes to files
  5. Import in same environment to update old solution

This method also works if you cannot delete certain unused items due dependencies. After doing this, you can open the solution and delete the unused items.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rampprakash
Super User
Super User

Hello @SkiDK,

Can you please click Download Log File and share me the same to provide solution from my end.

Click Gear Icon at the top 

then Click Advance settings then Click Solutions

Try Importing there and Download the log file and share the same to proceed further

Please mark as Answer if it is helpful and provide Kudos

Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnGNN3hdlKBOr6PXotskNLA
Blog : https://microsoftcrmtechie.blogspot.com

SkiDK
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @rampprakash, thanks for your reply, but I found the solution. See below:

1. Export solution, and open zip file
  2. Removed all objects linked to the missing connection reference in 'customizations.xml'
  3. Removed missing dependency between <MissingDependencies> tags for missing connection reference in 'solution.xml'
  4. Zip the folder with changes to files
  5. Import in same environment to update old solution

This method also works if you cannot delete certain unused items due dependencies. After doing this, you can open the solution and delete the unused items.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (2,811)