cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JRuss
Helper II
Helper II

Import multiple columns in SP list to same column in CDS

Is there any way to collate multiple SharePoint columns into only two columns in CDS?  So rather than a direct 1 to 1 import, create sort of a stacked table configuration.  Please see screenshots... Note that the second screenshot is Excel, but representative of an SP list...

PowerAppsCommunity_Import-SP-to-CDS_01_2020-07-24_12-36-50.pngPowerAppsCommunity_Import-SP-to-CDS_2020-07-24_13-13-03.png

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

So here is what I have done:

add a column in excel and concatenation the multiple columns into a new column

do your integration from that field

also depending on your dat migration tool, you can build a formula to concatenate multiple fields.

View solution in original post

That makes sense.  I was hoping for something a little more OOB since I have about 20 lists I need to bring into these same two columns, but this is a clever workaround (Export to Excel, stack them all).  I don't have a data migration tool, so I think your recommendation is going to be my best bet.  Thanks for taking the time to respond on a Friday!

There are over a dozen ways to import data from excel into cds. Power Automate is one option that is out of the box, and it can easily concatenate multiple column values into a single cds column 

4 REPLIES 4

So here is what I have done:

add a column in excel and concatenation the multiple columns into a new column

do your integration from that field

also depending on your dat migration tool, you can build a formula to concatenate multiple fields.

That makes sense.  I was hoping for something a little more OOB since I have about 20 lists I need to bring into these same two columns, but this is a clever workaround (Export to Excel, stack them all).  I don't have a data migration tool, so I think your recommendation is going to be my best bet.  Thanks for taking the time to respond on a Friday!

There are over a dozen ways to import data from excel into cds. Power Automate is one option that is out of the box, and it can easily concatenate multiple column values into a single cds column 

Ooh, I like that method even better.  Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,186)