cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikhil-Airun
Frequent Visitor

Import users from excel into Dataverse team

I'm required to add about 2000+ Users in a Dataverse Team, only way I see is to manually search each person by email id and add. That seems like a ridiculously large manual effort. Any creative idea to be able to automate this? Many thanks

Nov 23, 2022: Let me add more info (based on personal exploration) - 

There are 2 tables in Dataverse - User and Teams. I already have folks in User table and also a Team created in Team table. What I'm looking for is, how to relate 2000+ selected users to specific team record. In Dataverse teams, I found there's a many to many relationship called teammembers_association created that stores the record relation between User and Team table records. I can't find a way to bulk define/upload this relationship between User and Team table records. For ex: I want to add Paul and Michael to Team1, How can I do that by uploading an excel somewhere which has Paul and Michael's email IDs and it should automatically add both to Team1 in Dataverse security. Hope it provides more clarity. 

Another aspect is, let's say - even if I have manually done this with Advanced settings -> Security -> Teams -> Add users way, How do I move this association/related data to another environment? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @Nikhil-Airun ,

You should be able to create this association through a Power Automate flow, I just ran through a small test and it worked well.

The Bound Action is the following:

Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 6.19.41 AM.png

In my simple test I did the following:

1.  Triggered flow manually and entered an email address

2.  Found the users that matched this email address

3.  Got the user record

4.  Searched for and found the Team record

5.  Got the team record

6.  Used the bound action to add the user to the team.  You will see a collection of a ton of fields on the system user but I just searched for systemuserid and then set the value (note, there is a parent_systemuserid as well so don't set the wrong one 🙂

This added my user to the team.  You should be able to use this methodology in general to loop through your users and find your specific team and add them hopefully.

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

Thanks @AhmedSalih for reply, but I think it is a different problem. I have updated my original post with more info, to provide more clarity on my problem. 

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Not sure if it still works, but look at the NN Relationship Manager in XrmToolBox - allows you to update the intersect table by importing a file with values for both sides of the N:N

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @Nikhil-Airun ,

You should be able to create this association through a Power Automate flow, I just ran through a small test and it worked well.

The Bound Action is the following:

Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 6.19.41 AM.png

In my simple test I did the following:

1.  Triggered flow manually and entered an email address

2.  Found the users that matched this email address

3.  Got the user record

4.  Searched for and found the Team record

5.  Got the team record

6.  Used the bound action to add the user to the team.  You will see a collection of a ton of fields on the system user but I just searched for systemuserid and then set the value (note, there is a parent_systemuserid as well so don't set the wrong one 🙂

This added my user to the team.  You should be able to use this methodology in general to loop through your users and find your specific team and add them hopefully.

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,847)