cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TechNerd
Frequent Visitor

Importing Teams Canvas App package

I am trying to import a teams dataverse canvas app into a new dataverse teams environment and I am getting this error below. 

Customizations from file "Time Off Calendars_export.zip" failed to import: Invalid name for attribute publishedby. Custom attribute names must start with a valid customization prefix. The prefix for a solution component should match the prefix that is specified for the publisher of the solution.

TechNerd_0-1619111818319.png

3 REPLIES 3
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @TechNerd,

Many time this is because you're trying to import an out-of-the-box field/column that already exists on the target environment and Dataverse gets confused and thinks it's a custom field. Are you importing a managed or unmanaged solution? I would try to remove that field from your solution. If you included all components, then you'll need to remove the full table and re-include by selecting only the components you need. If it's a custom entity/table that you created, then include all.

Hope this helps!

MarcusA
Frequent Visitor

I ran into this issue and it managed to get around it by not exporting all dependencies (the recommendede setting), doing so included some Bot Resource with the publishedby property (extract xml and look in customizations.xml). When just exporting selected dependencies i was able to import.

Nice and that's my recommendation as well; ensure you only have the required components in the solution none of the other stuff you didnt touch and required dependencies. Anothr trick is to use the new solution area in Maker portal instead of the classic solution explorer. Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,738)