cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mibi
Frequent Visitor

Insert records to database for teams with powerquery

Would be awesome if we can add records to data verse for teams tables through powequery using insertstatements like value Native query command on sql data sources.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
mibi
Frequent Visitor

I have found a solution myself to make mass imports combining dataverse for excel connector, powerquery in excel. Powerautomate opens the excelfile, runs refresh of dataverse table and powerquery which result is a left antijoin of dataverse table and my CRM table so that the output is a excel sheet displaying all records that need to be inserted in dataverse. Powerautomate then copy the table with hundert of records to the dataverse sheet in excel and publish the new entries through the dataverse for excel connector..

View solution in original post

ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @mibi,

I will point out that the Open Data in Excel feature was added to Dataverse for Teams, so you can take the result from your power query data and add them directly into the Excel file to publish directly into Dataverse for Teams.

More information is contained in the blog post below and the links to documentation mentioned within.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/use-edit-in-excel-in-dataverse-for-teams/ 

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mahoneypat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You can't use the API to add records with Dataverse for Teams, but you likely can make a flow that creates a record within an Apply To Each control to get same result.  Would that work?

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

mibi
Frequent Visitor

Yes, but works flow also with big tables? I need first to check if the record is already there... and if not I will insert.... In Powerquery this would be really easy and it would work also with hunderttousand of records....

EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @mibi,

As per the previous post, unfortunately Dataverse for Teams only supports Power Automate for integration and extensions and Dataflows are not supported. In terms of your concerns for performance, actually you should be able to achieve better performance with Power Automate than with Dataflows. Dataflows are great but with simple and small datasets. 

Hope this helps!

mibi
Frequent Visitor

I have found a solution myself to make mass imports combining dataverse for excel connector, powerquery in excel. Powerautomate opens the excelfile, runs refresh of dataverse table and powerquery which result is a left antijoin of dataverse table and my CRM table so that the output is a excel sheet displaying all records that need to be inserted in dataverse. Powerautomate then copy the table with hundert of records to the dataverse sheet in excel and publish the new entries through the dataverse for excel connector..

ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @mibi,

I will point out that the Open Data in Excel feature was added to Dataverse for Teams, so you can take the result from your power query data and add them directly into the Excel file to publish directly into Dataverse for Teams.

More information is contained in the blog post below and the links to documentation mentioned within.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/use-edit-in-excel-in-dataverse-for-teams/ 

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (3,847)