cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sartham
Regular Visitor

Install Sample Data after the CDS database is created in Power Platform environment

Hello Community

I have a Power Platform environment and the CDS database in it.

But the out-of-box entities have no sample data.

How do i get the Sample data into the out-of-box entities.

Any help is appreciated

San

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @sartham,

You can install sample data in the classic view. Go to the settings in classic view (gear box then click "Advanced Settings" or append 
"?settingsonly=true" after dynamics.com URL). Go to "Data Management" then click on "Sample Data".

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @sartham,

You can install sample data in the classic view. Go to the settings in classic view (gear box then click "Advanced Settings" or append 
"?settingsonly=true" after dynamics.com URL). Go to "Data Management" then click on "Sample Data".

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Hey @EricRegnier  -thank you so much for posting a solution!

I followed your steps successfully and installed sample data in my environment.

dalekman1234_0-1626981438559.png

dalekman1234_1-1626981460878.png

I was able to confirm that the sample data was in fact added. However, when I go to create a model-driven app from a template, I still get the following error.

dalekman1234_2-1626981507667.png

Is there any additional steps I need to do to "tell" powerapps studio that I have indeed added sample data to my environment?

Edit: I'm not sure if its relevant - but my environment was auto generated by my company's environment by the system. So that might affect it's default settings.

Thanks much,

-J

Hi @dalekman1234,

Are you sure you selected the correct environment that had the sample data installed? If so, then maybe the sample data installed from Advanced Find is different sample data installed directly when creating a new Dataverse/CDS environment.  Try creating a new environment and install the sample data directly.

Hope this helps...

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,138)