cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Interactive Dashboard shows zero data

I have built an Interactive Dashboard in a model driven app using CDS. I can see the data in streams and graphs when I build the data but the data is not visible when I publish the dashboard. What wrong am I doing here ?

8 REPLIES 8
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Sarab16,

The data will be automatically filtered based on your privileges on the respective entities. So if you or the users don't have access to the records, they (or some of the records) will not be visible. Can you confirm that you or your users have full access and what security roles they have assigned? The access level differs based on your business unit hierarchy.

Hope this helps!

HI @EricRegnier ,

Its a sandbox environment and I have admin access in the environment.

I have the same views in normal dashboard, where it does show data. its the interactive dashboard which is not getting the data.

Attaching the images for reference.

Regards,

Sarab

Helper II
Helper II

Did you update the APP that you are using? It needs to contain the dashboard and all supporting views/entities etc. 

Did you do a PUBLISH All, so that the APP gets published.

What version are you on? In some of the early 9.x version the configuration of the app sometimes required creating a new app.

@Astanton  I have published all. Even clicked Public all customization in classic view. The app is build on the latest version.

Did you check that all the dashboard components were in the Model App? 

Highlight dashboards and check the right hand side, dependencies. I suspect there might be a dependency missing from the app.

Resolver I
Resolver I

Interactive Experience Dashboard capabilities need to be enabled at the Field level. I've never tried it myself, but I can imagine that if you have no attributes enabled for searching, and none enabled for filtering, then it might not be able to show you anything at all.

Standard views work that way; if you turn off the 'enabled for search' for an attribute, it stops being present in views. If you turn it off for all attributes, it looks like the view contains no results.

@cchannon  the field for the specific entity is enabled. if you look at the screenshots i gave, in design mode the dashboard does work. Its the live site where it is not working. I have a support request opened with PowerApps Tech . Will post here the findings...

Interesting indeed. Please do keep us posted on your support ticket. Cheers!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (7,074)