cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Is it possible to have record publishing?

I have built a canvas app which has a series of forms on it. I want to achieve a process where a user can edit the form and submit it, but the form then triggers an email for approval before the record is updated.

I know in SharePoint you can have publishing on a list item and I wondered if CDS had the same thing.

I know I could potentially Power Automate but in reality there are too many fields in my form and I'd rather use an out of the box feature if possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @sammybridge,

Unfortunately there's no out-of-the-box publishing/approval features before the form (canvas or model-driven) is saved in CDS. You'll have to implement that client-side logic on save. It would be a good idea to have though, suggest submitting that idea at:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @sammybridge,

Unfortunately there's no out-of-the-box publishing/approval features before the form (canvas or model-driven) is saved in CDS. You'll have to implement that client-side logic on save. It would be a good idea to have though, suggest submitting that idea at:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Cheers

View solution in original post

Highlighted

It's worth saying that we are about to release a solution for Dynamics 365 / model driven applications that captures record updates and stores then until the update is approved.

It should be appearing in Appsource within the next 2 weeks.

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".
Highlighted

Hi @ben-thompson ,

That's brilliant thanks for letting me know. I'll keep an eye out for this.

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (8,100)