cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Is the common data service connector still working ?

Hello, I'm trying to build an app that lists sales opportunities from Dynamics 365 in a browser gallery with the deprecated connector. However I'm getting weird results:

Annotation 2020-06-04 114156.png

This how the app looks like when it's automatically build by Power App Studio. Some fields seems to work and others (foreign keys) don't. Is this because of the deprecated connector or there is another problem here I can work on ?

I've read somewhere that the new recommended way to build power apps for Dynamics is to use the common data services. Is this possible to migrate on this easily ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Ok so I managed to find a solution by using the Patch function.

Patch(
    Opportunities,
    Defaults(Opportunities),
    {
        name: DataCardValue19.Text,
        probability: 969950001, /* This is hardcoded for now */
        _parentaccountid_value: DataCardValue22.Selected.accountid,
        main_product_line_value: DataCardValue3.Selected.productid
    }
)

Another thing was to write the accountid selected by the dropdown on the _parentaccountid_value field instead of the parentaccountid field. Don't know why tho.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Sorry I've just realized I've written "common data service connector " instead of "Dynamics 365 connector " in the title of this post... My question concern the latter.

Highlighted

Hello,

Yes, Dynamics 365 Connector is officially deprecated on 5th May 2020, so its not surprising if it does not work as expected.

You should leverage "Common Data Service (Current Environment) connector".

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/important-changes-coming#dynamics-365-connector-is-d...

Changing or adding a connection should not be difficult. Please refer to the article below. Its related to "Common Data Service" connector but same should be applicable for "Common Data Service (Current Environment)"

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/connections/connection-common-data-serv...

Highlighted

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, I've read this MS docs article concerning the common data service (current environment). In it I'm reading that we have to create solution-aware flows to use the Common Data Service (current environment) connector. This looks like a long process and honestly I don't think we have time for that on the project I'm working on.

Currently, everything is working fine with the dynamics 365 connector except when we try to write a foreign key on a record, as you can see in the example below we're trying to write an account id on an opportunity but the api respond with an code 400 and a vague error message, can you confirm that it's failing because we're using the old dynamics 365 connector ? In addition, is it possible to send raw http requests to the api to achieve our goal ? If yes, how this requests should be formatted ?

We would like to continue the current development with the old connector if possible to avoid wasting 1 week of dev but if this is doomed to fail we will probably going to switch on the new connector asap.

This is what happens when we try to create a new opportunity, we've isolated the issue to the accountid because it works when this field is removed (it just creates an opportunity no linked to an account):

c.jpg

0.jpga.jpgb.jpg

Thanks again for your help

Highlighted

I forgot to add that we're using Dynamics on premises (not Dynamics Cloud)

Highlighted

Ok so I managed to find a solution by using the Patch function.

Patch(
    Opportunities,
    Defaults(Opportunities),
    {
        name: DataCardValue19.Text,
        probability: 969950001, /* This is hardcoded for now */
        _parentaccountid_value: DataCardValue22.Selected.accountid,
        main_product_line_value: DataCardValue3.Selected.productid
    }
)

Another thing was to write the accountid selected by the dropdown on the _parentaccountid_value field instead of the parentaccountid field. Don't know why tho.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (9,581)