cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpatel
Regular Visitor

Issue due to 2021 Release wave 2 update - New Read-only grid feature

Hi All,

I am currently evaluation MS 2021 release wave 2 features. Microsoft is releasing New Read-Only grid control applied to all Read-only grids/sub-grids in environment. After installing 2021 release wave 2 update, all of read-only grids in sandbox environment have been updated with New Read-Only Grid control. During evaluation and testing we found out that this has an impact on end users. It compresses all column heading showing very less text of column heading. This means users have to expand column every time. See image1

image1.png

An additional bug in this new read-only grid is, if we collapse left navigation and expand it again, it pushes all the columns to be shown in same window without any horizontal scroll bar and most of columns heading shows only one character. see image 2

image2.png

More the columns in the view the worse it gets.

Another Scenario - Entity1's sub-grid in Entity2's QV form and that QV form is used in Entity3

Sub-grid (f that sub-grid is shown using New Read-only Grid) shown in QV form doesn't have sub-grid controls anymore,

Did anyone noticed/evaluated this ? Is there any workaround ?

We have tried to changing Grid control at Entity Level back to previous Read-Only control but it only changes in the views. If you are using the view as sub-grid anywhere else, it show via new Read-only grid.

1 REPLY 1
rampprakash
Super User
Super User

Hello @jpatel,

I have done the 2021 Release wave 2 update recently but i didnt face such issues. 

I think you can log a Microsoft ticket to get better clarity

Please mark as Answer if it is helpful and provide Kudos

Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnGNN3hdlKBOr6PXotskNLA
Blog : https://microsoftcrmtechie.blogspot.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (2,411)