Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SarathMohan
Helper II
Helper II

Issues in CDS Lookup references for CANVAS BASED app

Hi Team,

There are some lookup reference issues I am facing while in CDS entities lookup values. Its working fine when entity added to the gallery and filter the values the data is shown properly with the lookup field. However after saving , publish and close and again editing the form  throws error only for the lookup reference , however when I refresh the entity manually the error is gone but after saving and editing the app issue appear again.

Any one has faced similar issue in their instances. These entities are references from Dynamics 365 CE and the user accessing has system admin rights.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Regards,

Sarath Mohan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SarathMohan ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. I think this issue may be related to PowerApps version.

As an temporary fixed solution, please consider change the Authoring Version of your PowerApps to previous version (e.g. 3.20043.21). On your side, please go to "PowerApps Canvas app Create" guide panel, then switch to "Account" setting-> "Change Authoring Version" option-> "Authoring Version" to previous version:

8.JPG

If you could not see these previous version of PowerApps, please access the previous version of PowerApps directly through the following link:

https://create.powerapps.com/v3.20023.8.147468054/studio/

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved. Also Thanks @EricRegnier for submitting the assisted support ticket, if there is any update about this issue, please let us know here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @SarathMohan, Any chance you can share the complete error message / stacktrace? Thanks 

Hi @EricRegnier , I think this is the issue with this version for power apps release Version: 3.20043.21. however need to confirm on this part. {"error":{"code":"InvalidApiVersion","message":"The API version '' is not valid for provider 'Microsoft.PowerApps' The supported list of API versions are: '2015-02-01, 2015-03-01, 2015-08-01, 2016-01-01, 2016-02-01, 2016-04-01, 2016-05-01, 2016-07-01, 2016-11-01, 2017-02-01, 2017-04-01, 2017-05-01, 2017-06-01, 2017-07-01, 2017-08-01, 2018-10-01, 2019-05-01, 2020-02-01'."}} The weird part here is when I edit the app canvas is unable to fond the lookup references and once I refresh the cds entity manually then all errors are resolved after save and publish and again editing the issue reoccurs. Not sure what is happening. The release version Version: 3.20043.21. is appearing only in production instance and for other instances the build is Version: 3.20023.8 which is working perfectly fine. Regards, Sarath Mohan

I would open a support ticket with Microsoft in the Power Platform Admin Portal to get additional support at: https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SarathMohan ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. I think this issue may be related to PowerApps version.

As an temporary fixed solution, please consider change the Authoring Version of your PowerApps to previous version (e.g. 3.20043.21). On your side, please go to "PowerApps Canvas app Create" guide panel, then switch to "Account" setting-> "Change Authoring Version" option-> "Authoring Version" to previous version:

8.JPG

If you could not see these previous version of PowerApps, please access the previous version of PowerApps directly through the following link:

https://create.powerapps.com/v3.20023.8.147468054/studio/

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved. Also Thanks @EricRegnier for submitting the assisted support ticket, if there is any update about this issue, please let us know here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the support, changing the version back to .8 worked. However this is work around and this issue occurred while we are going live on production and impacted around 500 users. I am unsure why the release caused issue for a basic lookup reference of CDS entities.

Regards,

Sarath Mohan

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,189)