cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powerwood
Helper I
Helper I

Leading Zeros in Primary Field

I created a Dataverse Table for ZIP Codes. This table includes information such as Sales Tax Rate, City and State. The primary column for this table holds the ZIP Code and it is a Text column. Some ZIP Codes start with a "0".

I am adding the data to the Dataverse table via Excel. When I publish from Excel to the Dataverse table, the leading zero is removed.

Is there a way I can keep the leading zero, where applicable?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SeanHenderson
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @powerwood 

From a view inside your app, you can use Excel Online to add the data and it will let you import the leading zeroes.

SeanHenderson_0-1609865527171.png

---
Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post answered your question! If my post was helpful please consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
powerwood
Helper I
Helper I

I found a workaround, though it is time consuming.

In Dataverse table, select Data tab, then select the record to be changed and select the "Edit Record" option at the top of the page. Once in the edit screen, add the "0" to the beginning of the ZIP code, then "Save and Close". 

This changes the ZIP Code in the data. 

Is there a faster way? Luckily, I only need to change about 50, so it's probably faster to change them manually than to write something outside of Dataverse. But I'm curious if there is a faster way to do this in Dataverse. Or if there is a faster way that would make sense if there were more records to change.

SeanHenderson
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @powerwood 

From a view inside your app, you can use Excel Online to add the data and it will let you import the leading zeroes.

SeanHenderson_0-1609865527171.png

---
Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post answered your question! If my post was helpful please consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Kanchankb
Regular Visitor

Hi @powerwood ,

From the Data verse table  you can download the edit data in excel, that will download the template and you can add/edit data and then publish it.

Kanchankb_0-1609869085722.png

If this answers your question please "Accept as Solution" and hit like.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (25,934)