Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

License for common data service

Hi, PowerApps community.


I'm very new to Power Apps development.

If I use CDS to make application, which license is required?

Please kindly let me know the information.



Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BeHappy,


To use CDS to make application, you need to have the key feature of using the Common Data Service for Apps in PowerApps. So you will need the PowerApps Plan1 or PowerApps Plan2 or PowerApps for Dynamics 365 license. For more information about PowerApps pricing, you could refer to:





Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Do the end-users who use the app need the same premium license?





You will need premium license for end-users if they have to use CDS. 


Take a look at this one:


New Member

I am able to create new entities, import data and create canvas and model driven apps with my E3 license. I do see it a premium connection required on PowerAutomate but not on PowerApp. Am I missing something?


Is using CDS with PowerApps free with E3 license? 

I think you can create. But the main restriction should be that you can't use an app with CDS. It should not allow you to run powerapps with common data service. Unless you have 30 day trial for Premium license?

Helpful resources

UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,343)