cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Loading data into a many-to-many entity

Hi everyone, I am having trouble loading data into many-to-many entities.  I have created various many-to-many relationships in my model, using both standard entities and custom entities.  After having done that I want to be able to load data into the relationship entity created by CDS.  Using Power Query I get to the "Map Entities" screen and I was expecting the relationship entity to appear in the "Destination entity" drop down box but I don't see any of the many-to-many tables.  Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jbul ,

Do you want to import data with relationship?
I've made a similar test and found that I could find entities with relationships when field mapping.

Please note that the custom entity's name is : "crb4c_...."8201.PNG

What's more, here are some docs about data integration for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/data-platform-import-export

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/data-platform-cds-newentity-pq

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes, I too can see the entities that have many-to-many relationships.  What I am not able to see is the junction table that is created by the CDS to house the relationship.  In my case I have 2 custom entities: Clinic and Employee, and there is a many-to-many relationship between them.  When the relationship is created CDS tells me that there is a relationship entity called cr9f8_employee_clinic.  But in the Power Query screen I don't see cr9f8_employee_clinic in the target entity drop down list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Users online (7,102)