cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Hancha
Helper I
Helper I

LookUp Fields Behaving Differently in Preview Mode and on Mobile

Have you ever experienced that your app is working properly in the Preview Mode but not in mobile phone?

I have an app with forms where some items are to be filled in automatically or based on the selection of the previous item. When I´m running the app in the Power Apps Preview Mode, all is working fine, but when I test the app on the mobile phone, 2 fields stay empty....

And before you ask, I´m working with the same version (I did publish my app before testing on the phone). What I´ve managed to find out is that the problematic fields are both from different entities.

 

My app is to be used for vouchers creation for a massage studio, the data source is CDS.

Basically, I have/use just 3 entities: Vouchers, Procedures and Users (the default one)

 

First problematic field:

  • Screen where a new voucher is to be issued:
  • I have a form (data source is the Vouchers entity), where the first item is a dropdown of procedure names. The type of this field is LookUp into Procedures entity.

 

  • Based on the Procedure selection the follow-up field called "Price" is to be filled.

The Price field Default property is: DataCardValue18.Selected.in_price

 

...All works well when in the Preview Mode but on the phone when I start the app and choose a procedure from the list, the Price field remains empty....

 

Second problematic field (I believe the issue is the same):

  • Screen with a detail of an issued voucher:
  • This time it is not a form but a bunch of labels, each related to SelectedVoucher (you get to the screen by clicking on a voucher (a hyperlink) in the table of Issued Vouchers)
  • There is a field IssuedBy, which is a LookUp into Users
  • The Text property of the filed: SelectedVoucher.'Created By'.'Full Name'

Again, in the Preview Mode it works fine but on mobile app the field remains empty….

 

 

Would be grateful for any suggestions...Thanks a lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hancha ,

Have you run your published canvas app in web browser? Run well? Or same issue as that in your Mobile device?

 

Regarding the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue may be related to your Power Mobile App in your Mobile device. Please consider check if the version of the Power Mobile App is the latest version, if not, please upgrade it to the latest version, then try your app again, check if the issue is solved.

 

In addition, you could also consider take a try with the following workaround:

First problematic field

Set the Default property of the Price field Text Box in your Edit form to following:

LookUp(Procedures, 'Unique Identifier Column' = DataCardValue18.Selected.'Unique Identifier Column').in_price

Note: I assume that the DataCardValue18 represents the procedure LookUp field ComboBox in your Edit form. The 'Unique Identifier Column' represents the Unique Identifier Column in your Procedures Entity.

 

# Second problematic field

Set the Text property of the Label to following formula:

LookUp(Users, User =  SelectedVoucher.'Issued By'.User).'Full Name'

 

Please try above LookUp formula in your canvas app, then check if the issue is solved.

 

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hancha ,

Have you run your published canvas app in web browser? Run well? Or same issue as that in your Mobile device?

 

Regarding the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue may be related to your Power Mobile App in your Mobile device. Please consider check if the version of the Power Mobile App is the latest version, if not, please upgrade it to the latest version, then try your app again, check if the issue is solved.

 

In addition, you could also consider take a try with the following workaround:

First problematic field

Set the Default property of the Price field Text Box in your Edit form to following:

LookUp(Procedures, 'Unique Identifier Column' = DataCardValue18.Selected.'Unique Identifier Column').in_price

Note: I assume that the DataCardValue18 represents the procedure LookUp field ComboBox in your Edit form. The 'Unique Identifier Column' represents the Unique Identifier Column in your Procedures Entity.

 

# Second problematic field

Set the Text property of the Label to following formula:

LookUp(Users, User =  SelectedVoucher.'Issued By'.User).'Full Name'

 

Please try above LookUp formula in your canvas app, then check if the issue is solved.

 

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi, It did not work in the web browser as well

but your proposed workaround with LookUp did the trick

Thanks a lot.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,565)