Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mick_gibbons1
Helper I
Helper I

MS form to update dataverse table for our veterans

Morning all

I work with veterans, and we have a Dataverse table with all their details. I would like an MS Form allowing them to update their details. Is this possible?

It would need to use their employee number to update their details or if they are not found, create a new entry in the dataverse table.

Any help would be hugely appreciated  

Mick

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
AJ_Z
Super User
Super User

Hi well done for your work supporting veterans 🙂 ,

I regularly use MS Forms to update Dataverse. The method I use is A form triggers a flow using the when a form is submitted trigger and pulls information from their and then we can use a condition with list rows in dataverse to see if there is an existing row or not and then add one or update one. So to answer your question yes this is possible. If you have specific questions on parts of the process, please do let me know.

Signature:

If you appreciated my comments/responses please be sure to Like/Kudo them it really does make me smile 🙂 !
Link to the Power Platform Professionals United Kingdom User Group:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Platform-Professionals/gh-p/PowerPlatformProfessionalsUnit...

View solution in original post

Hello, @Mick_gibbons1, use Alternate Keys and Dataflows to load the data from Excel to Dataverse table. In the Dataflow setting, where you map your columns and set the alternate key column, also check the box where it says Delete records that are not included in the Query. This will help you to only create/edit records for existing key.

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍 , & if it solved your issue, please 👍 & Accept it as the Solution to help other community members find it more.

I am primarily available on weekdays from 6-10 PM CT and 5-10 PM CT on weekends.

Visit my Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mick_gibbons1
Helper I
Helper I

Just thinking would i have to make an excel spreadsheet template from the Dataverse table, create a MS form off that, and then use power automate to upload it to dataverse.

AJ_Z
Super User
Super User

Hi well done for your work supporting veterans 🙂 ,

I regularly use MS Forms to update Dataverse. The method I use is A form triggers a flow using the when a form is submitted trigger and pulls information from their and then we can use a condition with list rows in dataverse to see if there is an existing row or not and then add one or update one. So to answer your question yes this is possible. If you have specific questions on parts of the process, please do let me know.

Signature:

If you appreciated my comments/responses please be sure to Like/Kudo them it really does make me smile 🙂 !
Link to the Power Platform Professionals United Kingdom User Group:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Platform-Professionals/gh-p/PowerPlatformProfessionalsUnit...

Aj,

Thank you so much, I may need some help on the conditions, but let me have a go first.

Can I ask, when uploading data to dataverse from an excel spreadsheet using dataflow. Is there a way that it will pull the data if it finds the select key (id number) and if it does not find that key, it does not add that person?

thank you once again for your help

Hello, @Mick_gibbons1, use Alternate Keys and Dataflows to load the data from Excel to Dataverse table. In the Dataflow setting, where you map your columns and set the alternate key column, also check the box where it says Delete records that are not included in the Query. This will help you to only create/edit records for existing key.

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍 , & if it solved your issue, please 👍 & Accept it as the Solution to help other community members find it more.

I am primarily available on weekdays from 6-10 PM CT and 5-10 PM CT on weekends.

Visit my Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

I have been experimenting with Dateflows, can I ask what you mean by set alternative key?

Can I ask, if I set dataflow to auto update, as people fill out the MS Form and that populates Excel, will it find all the new entries ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,297)