cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vffdd
Super User
Super User

Managed solution dataverse tables query

I have a canvas app that uses dataverse tables.   In order to export this as a managed solution to a Prod environment how do I work  with the tables?

The tables are fed from a dataflow.. I can recreate the dataflow in the prod environment but not sure how I'm supposed to handle the tables? do I just leave them out of the solution? recreate them in the Prod environment using the new dataflow? but then how do I tell the app to link to those tables? or if they are exactly the same as the ones in Dev does the app just look for them in Prod anyway?

Have tried searching for answers on this but can't seem to get a straight one !  appreciate any help

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

General rule: always move things in Solution files between environments.  Items inside solution files will have the same schema names when imported into another environment.

Solution file can include Canvas App and Tables and Dataflow.

Fubar_0-1670378324237.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

General rule: always move things in Solution files between environments.  Items inside solution files will have the same schema names when imported into another environment.

Solution file can include Canvas App and Tables and Dataflow.

Fubar_0-1670378324237.png

vffdd
Super User
Super User

Thanks @Fubar silly me didn't even try that ! because everything I read previously seemed to point to the fact that I had to recreate everything in the new environment.. I did import the tables inside the solution but they were blank.. but  once I included the dataflow as you showed above then it's fine !

Thanks 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,507)