cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jose_farinha
Frequent Visitor

'Managed' type of table

Some tables in the Dataverse table list (on Power Apps) are typed as “Managed”. What does it mean?

It puzzles me that if I use the filter at the top of the page just to see those tables that are Managed, among those that are listed some are typed as Standard, as well as tagged as such.

Thanks for your attention  

José

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @jose_farinha,

Managed tables are tables that you will not be able to extend or change in any way.  They are used by components of the overall system like the Bot Framework, AI, and other areas and are there to support those processes but not extendible like Standard tables (i.e. Account, Contact, etc.).  Of course custom ones are built custom 😀 as you extend the Dataverse.

Hope this makes sense.  Please mark accepted if answers your question or Like if helps in some way.

Thanks,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @jose_farinha,

Managed tables are tables that you will not be able to extend or change in any way.  They are used by components of the overall system like the Bot Framework, AI, and other areas and are there to support those processes but not extendible like Standard tables (i.e. Account, Contact, etc.).  Of course custom ones are built custom 😀 as you extend the Dataverse.

Hope this makes sense.  Please mark accepted if answers your question or Like if helps in some way.

Thanks,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,416)