Did you mean: 

Migrate data from sql server to CDS

Is there a way to migrate data from sql server to CDS

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @memadAldien 

Yes, you can do that by following few steps:

1) Create the entity in PowerApps. Navigate to entity.
2) Select Get Data. This will open a pop-up window. Now, select SQL Server Database.
3) Provide data to create connection to SQL server, click Next.
4) Click Transform Data. Make sure that the column name are selected.
5) Click Next.
6) Select Entity in the dropdown and select Automap to map the fields. If this is not done automatically, you can manually assign fields.
7) Select Refersh Manually and click Next.
😎 Wait for the process to complete.
9) Once the process is complete, you should be able to see the data.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Thanks @yashag2255  for your reply, it's worked for me but I have an issue 

There is a field in entites called owner I use owner to set permissions and privalages 

in sql there is a field contains user_Id, I can map user_id to email but I can't migrate owner field

Hey @memadAldien 

This is not doable directly. I would recommend you to create another attribute and save this email value in it. Wherever you want to check for the user permission, you can use this newly created attribute. 

If you can share more details about this, maybe we can help you build an expression for checking the permission based on email id.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

I'm completely new to CDS, but this doesn't appear to be do-able if you are using a On-premise Data Gateway?

I am finding it a bit unbelievable and hoping I'm just wrong because PowerApps, Flow, PowerBI is all built around CDS from my understanding, seems silly if all these can talk to a data gateway but CDS itself cannot get data from one!

Did I miss something?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (11,537)