cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmanning
Super User
Super User

Missing Dependencies - Importing a Solution From My Dev to My Test Environment

I successfully exported my solution (unmanaged) from my dev environment which contained one canvas app and four DV tables.  When I tried to import it to my test environment, I got this error message about missing dependencies.  All 10 were choice columns from the parent DV table. 

I have attached the log file for reference.  Any recommendations?
Solution ERR - Missing Dependencies.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@cmanning, in you dev environment, go to the Solution and add the Choices using the steps in the below screenshot:

AhmedSalih_0-1660314930896.png

Regards,

Ahmed

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider a 👍 & Accepting it as the Solution to help other members of the community find it more.

My Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

Hello, @cmanning have you added the Choices to your dev environment solution before exporting the solution?

Best Practice, is to Add required objects in your source solution by clicking the 3 dots next to you tables names, for instance, and go to Advanced > Add Required Objects.

AhmedSalih_0-1660314610026.png

Regards,

Ahmed

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider a 👍 & Accepting it as the Solution to help other members of the community find it more.

@AhmedSalih - Thank you for the quick response.  I haven't been working with DV that long so I don't know how to add the 10 choice columns to my dev env solution and I have looked and there I can't see how that is possible.  Can you share how to perform that task?  Thanks in advance. 

@cmanning, in you dev environment, go to the Solution and add the Choices using the steps in the below screenshot:

AhmedSalih_0-1660314930896.png

Regards,

Ahmed

@AhmedSalih - This is the solution.  I appreciate you providing screen shots too!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,269)