cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YannLS

Missing columns during mapping when importing data from excel

Hi,

I am trying to "Get data from Excel" in the Power Apps website throught the Dataverse/Table page, but some columns are not visible during the mapping sequence. Here the sequence that I do (simplified version, but doesn't work either ways):

1. Creation of a new Table with Document Number as primary field.
  2. Creation of a new column WBS Element
  3. Click on "Save Table" button
  4. Select "Get data from Excel"
  5. Upload the document
  6. Click on "Map columns" button

Result: In the left columns, the Document Number field is listed but not the WBS Element field, so it cannot be mapped to anything in the Excel file. I choose the "All columns" filter to be sure to not miss anything, but still doesn't show my WBS Element field.

Picture of the Table columns and the "map columns" view.

YannLS_1-1639600120763.pngYannLS_0-1639600059844.png

Am I missing any steps there or is it actually a bug in the interface?

11 REPLIES 11
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@YannLS 

I have tried to reproduce the same and the column appeared , I would suggest deleting the column and adding it again and retry the action

Mira_Ghaly_0-1639600850809.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
bipinshan
Super User
Super User

Hi @YannLS ,

Have you tried publishing the customization?

Thanks,

Bipin

YannLS

Hi @bipinshan ,

From the new interface of Power Apps, should not "Save Table" button publish it automatycally?

If it is not the case, could you explain me a little bit more how to publish it from the Power Apps interface please?

Thank's,

Yann

Posted by mistake

Hi @Mira_Ghaly ,

I tried to delete the column and recreate it. I also delete the table and recreate it from scratch and nothing works. When you are doing the steps that I listed above, you did nothing more then that and only that because I don't do anything more on my side? Here 2 more screenshots of the creation steps for the table and the new field if it could help explaining what I am doing wrong:

YannLS_0-1639757584458.png

All other fields (checkboxes) has been uncheck.

YannLS_1-1639757715457.png

Hope something there could help you find what I am doing wrong.

Thank's for the help,

Yann

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@YannLS 

yes i have applied same exact steps as you mentioned, Try Republishing, this is how you can do this from the new interface

Mira_Ghaly_0-1639788968022.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

Hi @YannLS ,

You need to click on Solution from left navigation then click on Publish Customization button from top bar as shown in below image -

bipinshan_0-1639826361259.png

Please mark my answer verified if this is helpful!

Regards,

Bipin Kumar

Follow my Blog: https://xrmdynamicscrm.wordpress.com/

N3WT0N
Regular Visitor

So experimented a bit. The problem seems caching. The moment you click import form Excel all column names are cached. From now on you will be presented with always the same columns doesn't matter if you add or delete some. I haven't found a way to reset the cache. The only thing you can do is create a completely new table with a different name.

I, too, had this issue, but when I manually enter in the first row with data, then do the import, the columns now appear as expected. Try this. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (2,500)