cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hexarthrius
Helper I
Helper I

Model-Driven App: Lookup Fields Not Displaying The Values

So I created a model-driven app based on this video from Lisa Crosbie (The timestamp is also included there):

https://youtu.be/GbqnAH5m11o?t=28

In this video she showed that when you clicked on a Lookup field, it displays the values without pressing Enter or anything else.

In my solution and app, however, I have also created a lookup with filters (I didn't follow hers exactly since I got the idea and tried to explore on my own). I got the filtering right, including the relationships, but it seems that when I click the Lookup field, it doesn't display anything (Video attached).

How can I display the values from the Lookup fields?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I am not sure if you are just describing standard behavior or not.

Standard behavior:

• When you click inside a the Lookup field it does not present you with the list of selectable items
    • When you click inside a the Lookup field it can display you a list of recently used items or no items (depending on configuration of the Lookup on the form to show recents)
  • To see the full list (not just recents) you need to be in the Lookup and hit Enter, or click on the expander (magnifying glass) at the end of the Lookup field

One thing to watch out for is that if you apply a custom filter via JavaScript, that filter does not apply to the Recents list if show recents is set on (and your user can select one and save it even though it doesn't match your filter - have also had deleted records remain in recents in the past) - so often you want to turn off the showing of recents.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I am not sure if you are just describing standard behavior or not.

Standard behavior:

• When you click inside a the Lookup field it does not present you with the list of selectable items
    • When you click inside a the Lookup field it can display you a list of recently used items or no items (depending on configuration of the Lookup on the form to show recents)
  • To see the full list (not just recents) you need to be in the Lookup and hit Enter, or click on the expander (magnifying glass) at the end of the Lookup field

One thing to watch out for is that if you apply a custom filter via JavaScript, that filter does not apply to the Recents list if show recents is set on (and your user can select one and save it even though it doesn't match your filter - have also had deleted records remain in recents in the past) - so often you want to turn off the showing of recents.

Thank you so much, this is clear and I guess this is something I need to cascade to the users to click on the magnifying glass icon so the corresponding choices are presented.

Would also like to add that I'm very new to model-driven and dataverse, so this is one of the new learnings for me. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,142)