cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ValentinGasenko
Frequent Visitor

Multi-lookup functionality does not support Custom Activity Entity and bulk edit. Be careful!

On the interface side, as soon as you add a custom activity entity to the lookup, the functionality stops working correctly.

Ordinary situation:

MultiOk.PNG

Another situation.

In this case, it shows data only for this (custom activity) entity - not for any others:

MultiNotOk.png

In this example Medication entity - my custom activity entity:

ActivityEntity.png

It is contained in the list of entities that should be displayed by lookup, but it turns out that only the one is displayed.

As soon as we remove the relationship with this entity, the lookup starts working as it should:

MultiBugOk.PNG

This case was verified by creating appropriate relationships in both XRM Poly Lookup Creator and using C#-code.

By the way, next case - bulk edit - also doesn't work correctly:

MultiBulkEditNotOk.PNG

Or maybe you know how to avoid this? What does this error say? What should I do?

P.S. There is also a bonus with data import, but you can check it yourself. If it is interesting, I will tell you a little bit later 

😁😁😁

It is clear that it is difficult to expect much from the preview version, but it is necessary to understand the pitfalls. Be careful!

5 REPLIES 5
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Cheers for reporting and sharing! Suggest you also report by submitting a Microsoft support ticket at: https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support 

@NHelgren FYI

Thanks for the hint, I already did 😉

NHelgren
Microsoft
Microsoft

We are investigating the cause of this and will report back when we know more. Thanks for the heads up.

Thank you!

By the way, I tried to create another custom entity (not activity) and connect it to a multi-lookup - a similar situation. Multi-lookup works only with my custom entity, and the rest are not visible on the interface.

Damsel
Microsoft
Microsoft

We are currenting working on this to provide a fix. Thank you for raising this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,040)