cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrstian89
Helper III
Helper III

Multiple file attachments PowerApps/Dataverse

I have a an app to keep track of equipment at work. I have a database in Dataverse for this.

In PowerApps I have an attachment control to upload a file to the specific item. This works fine for one file, but if I try to upload multiple files, nothing happens.

I have increased MaxAttachments in PowerApps to 5.

Is there any way to add multiple files to one File row/column in Dataverse?

Is there a workaround on how to have 5 different columns show up in the same attachment control, for the same item?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @mrstian89 ,

To upload multiple attachments / files you need to look at the following approaches:

1.  Configure SharePoint integration with Dataverse - You will be able to upload as many documents as you really want related to each record and data is stored in SharePoint vs. Dataverse to save space.  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/manage-documents-using-sharepoint 

2.  You could add an Activity type that would store the attachments.  You would add an attachment field to the Activity and configure your table to have Activities and then you could add multiple attachments with multiple Activities.

3.  You could define multiple file fields on your table, example File1, File2, File3, File4, etc.  Not really a normalized model but then you would populate each of these fields from your Power App.

4.  You could integrate to Azure Blob Storage - Check out @EricRegnier 's great suggestions here https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Dataverse/How-to-integrate-Azure-blob-storage-with-dyn... 

These are the techniques I would look at...

Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @mrstian89 ,

To upload multiple attachments / files you need to look at the following approaches:

1.  Configure SharePoint integration with Dataverse - You will be able to upload as many documents as you really want related to each record and data is stored in SharePoint vs. Dataverse to save space.  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/manage-documents-using-sharepoint 

2.  You could add an Activity type that would store the attachments.  You would add an attachment field to the Activity and configure your table to have Activities and then you could add multiple attachments with multiple Activities.

3.  You could define multiple file fields on your table, example File1, File2, File3, File4, etc.  Not really a normalized model but then you would populate each of these fields from your Power App.

4.  You could integrate to Azure Blob Storage - Check out @EricRegnier 's great suggestions here https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Dataverse/How-to-integrate-Azure-blob-storage-with-dyn... 

These are the techniques I would look at...

Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

View solution in original post

Thanks! 🙂 
I solved it with a different souliton.

1. Deleted the Column "Attacment" which was a "File"-type.

2. Activated Attachments in the table.

3. Voila!

I thought I had done this earlier, but guess I forgot! But it solved it for me.

Can you Please explain more I am facing same issue I need multiple attachment 

If you have attachments enabled for your Dataverse table, you can add the Attachments field in the Edit Fields property of the Edit Form control. It is not a normal column so you won't see it in the table but it does store the attachments in blob or something and you can view them in a gallery.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,313)