cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Multiple selected item on List box to Excel

On a app I have created, I have a list box where people can make multiple selections. When I Submit the form, only the last item selected in syncing to my excel file I have saved in One Drive. How do I get my Excel folder to record all the items selected? Attached is my form

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@RobinMauldin, 

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to write all the selections back to the Excel?

Could you please share more about your List box, is it filled with another table or items put in Items property? 

Combine that with your description, I think SubmitForm() can solve your problem. I have a test on my side and I'll explain the test conditions here for reference.

• Insert a List Box and put the formula below into the Items property

["Disc","Spring","Guide","Seat","O-ring","Module","Rubber Kit","Other"]​

• Set the Update property of the data card belonging to  ‘'Cleaning  Repairs and Parts Value'’ as below.

Concat(ListBox2.SelectedItems.Value, Concatenate(Text(Value),","))​

• Set the OnSelect property of the Save button as below

SubmitForm(Form1)​​

Note: 'Cleaning  Repairs and Parts Value' represents the column name in your Excel table. [ListBox1.SelectedItems.Value] is a table format that is not matched to the Excel table format. You need to convert it to strings.

Best Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@RobinMauldin, 

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to write all the selections back to the Excel?

Could you please share more about your List box, is it filled with another table or items put in Items property? 

Combine that with your description, I think SubmitForm() can solve your problem. I have a test on my side and I'll explain the test conditions here for reference.

• Insert a List Box and put the formula below into the Items property

["Disc","Spring","Guide","Seat","O-ring","Module","Rubber Kit","Other"]​

• Set the Update property of the data card belonging to  ‘'Cleaning  Repairs and Parts Value'’ as below.

Concat(ListBox2.SelectedItems.Value, Concatenate(Text(Value),","))​

• Set the OnSelect property of the Save button as below

SubmitForm(Form1)​​

Note: 'Cleaning  Repairs and Parts Value' represents the column name in your Excel table. [ListBox1.SelectedItems.Value] is a table format that is not matched to the Excel table format. You need to convert it to strings.

Best Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Users online (10,625)