cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SidApp
Regular Visitor

Multiselect Lookup in a Form of an Entity in a Model Driven App

Is there a way to add a multiselect look up in a form associated with an entity in a model-driven app. I see that there is a multiselect option set as a field type, but that is based on a list of options that are manually entered. I would like the list to be looked up from another entity (via a 1-N or N-N relationship).  Use case for illustration: I want to track attendance of people to a training event. Each training record will have multiple attendees that needs to be captured. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
krishnags
Super User
Super User

for this requirement you can leverage 1:N relationship. Have a lookup of student on class entity. Have a student grid on Class entity and add related student records to it

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
krishnags
Super User
Super User

for this requirement you can leverage 1:N relationship. Have a lookup of student on class entity. Have a student grid on Class entity and add related student records to it

View solution in original post

tirrr
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @SidApp ,

I have the same problem as you and I thought if you want to make a Multiselect Lookup you need to use PCF. You can see in my thread, there are some PCF that you can use for your problem. hope this can solve your problem.

I like the approach of adding a subgrid of a related table. It works out pretty well, except a challenge with looking up records when there are many records. Is there a way to specify the search criteria in the look up? Right now it is searching by the primary ID. I want it to search by other fields like the first name, etc. Any idea how to achieve that? Thank you.

SidApp
Regular Visitor

I did look at the PCF gallery for multiselect controls. It was too cumbersome. The sub-grid approach is elegant and native to powerapps. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (41,254)