cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattRitchie
Frequent Visitor

Multiselect Option Submission is Blocked with CDS

I have a powerapp with an entity in CDS.

It submits when i have the optionset as a single,

When i convert it to MultiSelectOptionSet it no longer posts with the following error.

an error occurred on the server. Service Response: Sql error: Generic SQL error. CRM ErrorCode:-2147204784 Sql ErrorCode: -2146232060 Sql Number: 515

When I submit the same form inside Dynamics, it works without error.

I don't know where to start.

I'm using the EditForm with Datacards, so i'm using the base Submit(form) function. 

I feel like this is a bug in powerapps, and I don't know where to log it. Is this the appropriate place to start? 

TIA

Matt

3 REPLIES 3
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MattRitchie ,

Did you mean that it was a single  optionset when you create the app, then you change it to MultiSelectOptionSet? If so, then please first delete this field's data card from the edit form, then refresh the data source in the app, readd this field and test again.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I've done that repeatedly.

Refreshing the datasource and such. Deleting and cards, and reenabling the cards. i originally hard 5 optionsets and 1 multiselect, it was failing so i replaced with all optionsets. Now my user wants to have 4 multiselect optionsets and i can't even get one to work.

I've just removed all multioptionsets tested and my form submits. (refreshing data source inbetween)

Now i'm adding a new multioptionset with a new datasource

"A Yes or No boolean" that consists of Allowed, Not Allowed. I think this optionset came from fieldService.

Saved and refreshed datasource.

I've not added the multioptionset to the form yet. The form submits.

Adding the MOS to the form. 

Form doesn't submit with a blank value\unselected. Same error. The field is optional.

Field is set to Allowed. Form doesn't submit. Same error

Field is set to Allowed and Not Allowed. Submits! (?)

Open up in dynamics and view form with data on it 

Only contains "Allowed", does not contain "Not Allowed" I'm really confused.

Settings are as follows.. Would any other information help?

Thanks

Matt

sshot-6760.pngsshot-6765.pngsshot-6764.pngsshot-6763.pngsshot-6762.pngsshot-6761.pngsshot-6760.png

Just got the reminder from the forum.

This is still a problem. How\Where do I escalate this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,856)