cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jan-Kodet
Frequent Visitor

Multitable lookup management

Hello,

I have issue with new logic of multitable lookups. Below I try to explain my trouble. Does anyone tip if this is by design? For creating the field I used tool Polymorphic Lookup Creator.

Instance 1 - I created entity Project where I have field "Regarding" which is multitable lookup to Account and Contact

Instance 2 - I have solution where I have entity "Project" where I would like to add new relationship to the "Regarding" field. It mean that I'll have "Regarding" field with lookup to Account, Contact, "New table".

Thank you for your suggestions.

Jan 

3 REPLIES 3
Prakash4691
Super User
Super User

@Jan-Kodet ,

Currently this feature is not available through UI(will come in future release) but you can create using webapi or sdk. Attaching link for your reference.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/developer/data-platform/webapi/multitable-lookup

If it answers your question, kindly give kudo and accept it as solution.

Regards,

Prakash

Jan-Kodet
Frequent Visitor

Hi Prakash, thanks for your message. I know that I need to use webapi / sdk for create (or update) multilookup field. But from ALM perspective will works as other solution types?

Thank you,

Jan

@Jan-Kodet ,

When you add the field inside the solution as a component it will still show as lookup pointing to single table. Even though creating polymorphic lookup points to multiple table via API. But when adding it to form it will show as polymorphic lookup.

While importing I hope it should work the same.

Regards,

Prakash

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,749)