Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CharlesS
Advocate III
Advocate III

New Dataflow v2 problem with Date Only imports

Hello!

I have a V2 dataflow that has been running successfully for a few weeks. No changes were made to the dataflow, but this morning my dataflow is failing with 0 upsert and 100% failure. I suspect Microsoft may be rolling out changes on the back end. 

Here is the error in the error log (the same error for each record):

{"error":{"code":"0x0","message":"An error occurred while validating input parameters: Microsoft.OData.ODataException: Cannot convert the literal '2021-03-16T00:00:00+00:00' to the expected type 'Edm.Date'. ---> System.FormatException: String '2021-03-16T00:00:00+00:00' was not recognized as a valid Edm.Date.

Here is the context:

• The field in Dataverse has a Date Only data type with a Date Only behavior (Date Only/Date Only is used to prevent date calculation issues relating to date comparisons from systems in different time zones)
  • The column type in Power Query is String, with strings in this format: 2021-03-24 (using the Date column type produces an error because it returns the date/time, not just the date)

As you can see, I was using strings precisely to avoid returning date/time to Dataverse. Unfortunately, this workaround stopped working today. I tried a few things to solve the problem:

1. Using a Date column type instead of a string type : Same error

2. Using a Date/Time column type instead of a string type : Same error

3. Replacing the dashes with slashes in the string (2021/03/24) : Same error

4. Changing the project locale : Same error

Although all new dataflows are created with the V2 engine, I fortunately had mothballed a few old V1 dataflows. Using the advanced editor, I copy and pasted the code from my V2 dataflow (which worked just fine yesterday) into an old V1 dataflow. Surprise: With exactly the same code as the V2 dataflow, the V1 import succeeds with 100% upserts.

Is anybody else having issues with V2 dataflow imports of Date Only fields?

Keep 'em flowin'

Charles

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CharlesS
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hello Again,

I have reported this issue to Microsoft and got a very prompt reply. Good news!

We are aware of this bug and why it was created, and fix was already published.

We are currently waiting for the fix  to arrive into all clusters and it should be deployed into your cluster until end of next week (3th of April).

For now, a quick mitigation (beside working with V1 dataflows) will be to change the behavior of this “Date Only” field to be “User Local”. (I think you will have to create a new field and update the dataflow’s mapping as we cant change behaviour of “Date Only” field when it already sets to “Date Only”)

Keep 'em flowin'

Charles

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
CharlesS
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hello Again,

I have reported this issue to Microsoft and got a very prompt reply. Good news!

We are aware of this bug and why it was created, and fix was already published.

We are currently waiting for the fix  to arrive into all clusters and it should be deployed into your cluster until end of next week (3th of April).

For now, a quick mitigation (beside working with V1 dataflows) will be to change the behavior of this “Date Only” field to be “User Local”. (I think you will have to create a new field and update the dataflow’s mapping as we cant change behaviour of “Date Only” field when it already sets to “Date Only”)

Keep 'em flowin'

Charles

View solution in original post

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CharlesS ,

Thank you for sharing this information. Please consider accept your reply as the solution to help others find it.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (32,994)