cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomasrath
Advocate I
Advocate I

New Multi-table lookups in public preview?

Hi all

According to the release notes the new Multi-Table lookup field type (I insist on not using the stupid new naming: Coloumns) should be in public preview April, 30 2021. I have not been able to figure out it that is actually the case and if so, how to enable it?

Has anyone had any luck with this?

Regards, Thomas Rath

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @thomasrath,

In general, there's no guarantee exactly when the features announced in a Wave release will be available. Microsoft tries to make them GA before the next Wave, but it's not always the case (e.g. there are still features announced in 2020 wave 1 that are not out!). In my experience, the best way to get notified of feature releases is through the Power Apps blog and not the planned feature page.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

NHelgren
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi everyone,

Multi-Table lookup documentation with the APIs and SDKs should be live in about 2 weeks. There has been a slight delay in getting the necessary content rolled out. I'm sorry for the delay and I am happy to see the excitement for the feature.

NHelgren
Microsoft
Microsoft

12 REPLIES 12
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @thomasrath,

This page shows up date status of what features from the release wave that have been rolled out in either public preview, early access, or GA (indicated by the green checkmark). I presume this is when its rolled out to all regions, but I am not certain.

Looks like the multi-table lookups are not quite out yet unfortunately.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

thomasrath
Advocate I
Advocate I

It's actually this Page: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform-release-plan/2021wave1/data-platform/planned-feature...

But still it is giving the impression that it should be in public preview already. Must be delayed and MS forgot to update the page

Ah good catch, I forgot they put Dataverse in its own page. You could try opening a support ticket, but I am not sure if they will typically provide any official statement or promises for features that are not generally available.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Hi @thomasrath,

In general, there's no guarantee exactly when the features announced in a Wave release will be available. Microsoft tries to make them GA before the next Wave, but it's not always the case (e.g. there are still features announced in 2020 wave 1 that are not out!). In my experience, the best way to get notified of feature releases is through the Power Apps blog and not the planned feature page.

Hope this helps!

EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

BTW in the Admin Center, ensure your environment is subscribed to Frequent Refresh updates to get those sooner than later: https://docs.microsoft.com/power-platform/admin/create-environment#setting-an-environment-refresh-ca... 

The article you reference is only relevant for refresh rate of canvas app.

The refresh cadence does not change when you will receive updates for:

• Microsoft Power Platform
  • Dynamics 365 Sales
  • Dynamics 365 Customer Service
  • Dynamics 365 Marketing
NHelgren
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi everyone,

Multi-Table lookup documentation with the APIs and SDKs should be live in about 2 weeks. There has been a slight delay in getting the necessary content rolled out. I'm sorry for the delay and I am happy to see the excitement for the feature.

Any update on this team? We are super excited to start using this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,420)