cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
destro
Frequent Visitor

New to this and beyond storage capacity

I have seen posts similar to mine, so apologies if I'm being redundant, but I have an issue I haven't seen addressed.

I'm just looking into Power Apps now, and when I logged on yesterday, I saw that we had about 4% of available storage remaining. I added a Per App License, taking me to 1.05GB capacity, it is now showing me over-allocated by 8.84%. I don't know if adding the license took me over capacity in some way, or if it's even related, but I actually had more available before I added it.

I've spent hours trying to figure out what exactly is stored in the database and its purpose. When I go into Storage Capacity > Details, I get the following:

Power Platform admin center - Google Chrome 2020-2.png

This does not match what I have seen in other blog posts and things to help sort out what you've got stored. 

I understand that an environment can take around 1GB of database storage, but I don't understand why my storage increased so much so suddenly. I think I'd like to keep under capacity for if/when we start adding apps here. What is going on, and how can I figure out what is using my storage, or does it matter?

3 REPLIES 3
EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @destro, does your environment have a database (i.e. Dataverse) enabled? Also, is this environment the "default" environment in your tenant? Cheers

destro
Frequent Visitor

Hi, @EricRegnier. Yes to both. I just don't really understand why adding capacity, albeit a small amount, seems to have actually reduced my available capacity. 

EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

It is strange, first I thought that it may be because Dataverse was installed after the license was purchased. But because it’s your Default environment which btw is not recommended for Prod and development environments. All users are added with maker privileges by default to default environment. Also it’s the environment where personal Power Automate flows and other components are stored, which may increase the size without you knowing...

More info on default environment: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/environments-overview#the-default-environment 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,296)