cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sossie07
Frequent Visitor

Newbie question - Power automate flow vs Dataverse Dataflow for repeated CSV file import to Dataverse

I am reasonably familiar with Power automate, but dabbling in Dataverse. On a daily basis we receive CSV files which we want to import to a Dataverse table. I started looking at powerautomate to do this, but then noticed Dataverse Dataflows.

For a simple regular repeated task such as importing a csv file, what do people recommend as the best tool? What are the pros and cons?  Can a Dataverse Dataflow be scheduled or triggered on a regular basis like a powerautomate flow?

Thanks, Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@sossie07 

I would say Data flows fits more into this business scenario.

Yes Dataflows can be scheduled same as powerautomate.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

You will probably get more, and also more detailed, reposnses posting this on the powerautomate boards as well. That way you get opinions from both sides of that coin

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Power-Automate/ct-p/MPACommunity

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@sossie07 

I would say Data flows fits more into this business scenario.

Yes Dataflows can be scheduled same as powerautomate.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (3,525)