Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wshalex123
Helper II
Helper II

Next Birthday/Jubilee

Hey there,

In my app, you can create a new employee, create his login data and add him to groups automatically. The Data is being saved in a Microsoft Dataverse "employee" table, where all employees are listed. 

Also the birthday and the date of employment are being saved there.

My next step ist to generate the next birthday date of every employee and his next jubilee year date. 

Does it make sense to calculate it with a new column in the Dataverse? If yes, how is it working?  Or do you suggest another solution?

If one of the dates = today, it should trigger a flow and post a message in a ms teams chat. 

Would be happy if someone can help me out 🙂

Cheers, Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @rampprakash,

iam already working on a solution like that. I once made a similar approach with an excel action. Here, i don't get the other column dynamic elements (Iam filtering the Date of Birth and want to get the name in the same row)

wshalex123_1-1669644731581.png

Do you maybe know why? I also was thinking about a solution in a seperate app in power apps, since there also is a MS Teams connector...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rampprakash
Super User
Super User

Hi @wshalex123 

One suggestion from my end,

Create a field and populate next year birthday date in that.

Then trigger a schedule flow on daily basis then check today = table field date then post a message.

Hey @rampprakash,

iam already working on a solution like that. I once made a similar approach with an excel action. Here, i don't get the other column dynamic elements (Iam filtering the Date of Birth and want to get the name in the same row)

wshalex123_1-1669644731581.png

Do you maybe know why? I also was thinking about a solution in a seperate app in power apps, since there also is a MS Teams connector...

@wshalex123 In your list record step. either add Name field afteradding a comma or keep it blank, You will get all the attributes.

gowrihalan04_0-1669646200003.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (1,687)