Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HCLin
Helper II
Helper II

No option for "Upgrade" when importing solution

Hi all,

I am trying to import a new version of the solution, and I would like to import the solution to my environment with "Upgrade".

(As shown in : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/update-solutions )

But in the Advanced setting, I can only see the "Update" option without the other two options "Upgrade" and "Stage for Upgrade".

import_Q1.jpg

What should I do to find/get the "Upgrade" function?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @HCLin,

You should be Importing a managed solution in order to upgrade. Importing an unmanaged solution will just overwrite your customizations in the single active (unmanaged) layer. It's recommended to use managed solutions in non-development environments. 

Have a review of solution layering for more details on how unmanaged vs managed components impact what your users see and managing changes to components over time. 

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @HCLin,

You should be Importing a managed solution in order to upgrade. Importing an unmanaged solution will just overwrite your customizations in the single active (unmanaged) layer. It's recommended to use managed solutions in non-development environments. 

Have a review of solution layering for more details on how unmanaged vs managed components impact what your users see and managing changes to components over time. 

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hi @ChrisPiasecki ,

Thanks for your reply, and yes I am in a development environment, I would like to "upgrade" the solution (from another development environment), but found out that it just adding new field, but not removing the old field which has been removed from the importing solution.

Thanks for the reference, so looks like if I am still using the unmanaged solution, I have to manually remove the field we don't need.

Thanks again.

ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @HCLin,

That is correct, to remove an unmanaged customization in your dev environment, you will have to manually remove the field. Note that you'll have to make sure it has no dependencies prior to removing it (e.g. if its on a form, make sure to delete the field from the form).

---

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,306)