cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CatalinAdler
Frequent Visitor

Notifications from import data flows

Hello,

I have an model-driven app with few entities which I import using CDS Data Flows on a schedule.

Everything works fine, most of the time.

How can I get notified (email for eg) when the import dataflow fails for whatever reason?

It's cumbersome to keep checking the UI.

Thanks!

Catalin Adler.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Unfortunately up to now, there are no notification capabilities in data flows. 

I suggest you request this feature at the URL below. I think it would be a great feature to have!

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

View solution in original post

Levente
Advocate II
Advocate II

It seems that there is now a way to get notifications when a dataflow fails. Unfortunately, you have to do this from the PA Admin page. Go to section Data Integration, click on the dataflow you want to get notifications for, switch to the Scheduling tab and at the bottom of the page you can specify an email address to get notified on errors. The problem is that if you edit the refresh settings of the dataflow from PA, it turns off the email notification and you will have to set it up again.

3 REPLIES 3
FCGALLEG
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi CatalinAdler, 

did you have the opportunity to check this document?

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-feature-error-handling-and-writing-null-values-to-dat...

I hope it help you.

Javi.

EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Unfortunately up to now, there are no notification capabilities in data flows. 

I suggest you request this feature at the URL below. I think it would be a great feature to have!

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Levente
Advocate II
Advocate II

It seems that there is now a way to get notifications when a dataflow fails. Unfortunately, you have to do this from the PA Admin page. Go to section Data Integration, click on the dataflow you want to get notifications for, switch to the Scheduling tab and at the bottom of the page you can specify an email address to get notified on errors. The problem is that if you edit the refresh settings of the dataflow from PA, it turns off the email notification and you will have to set it up again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (13,833)