Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teresa24486
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Notifications not working on custom fields on Appointments entity

Hi 

email1.PNG

I have two custom fields. Assign to is a look up column from another entity where it fetches email address. The condition i have on my workflow is : if assign to contains '@', email should trigger on the set email value(as email isnt triggering on Assign to field.

email11.PNG

The workflow shows no erro, its somehow skipping the condition to be false; but no notification:

Teresa24486_0-1603776741840.png

condition applied is:

Teresa24486_1-1603776805254.png

@EricRegnier 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To be able to send an email from a custom entity, you need to enable the "Send email" option at the entity level settings, then you would be able to set the custom entity record as a recipient in your workflow. Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Teresa24486 ,

I made a test on my side to check if two fields are blank, but condition judgement works correctly.

Do you mean you have filled the 'Assigned To' field and 'Send Email' field when creating a record, but condition returns false, right?

Sik

EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Teresa24486,

Is your condition in the run history, the 1st screenshot (email contains "@") or the 2nd screenshot (not equal to null)? If the 1st condition screenshot, Email as the evaluation doesn't seem to be set correctly. The logic should be something like this:

1. If "Assign To" contains data, then retrieve email field in CDS from the Assign To value. Use the "Get a record" action for this.
  2. Check if the email is has a value and if so, auto pick the email field form the flow intellisense.
  3. Send the email with the email field as the "To"

Hope this helps!

yes, basically Assigned to is a look up field which fetches a name, inorder to trigger a notification i used another dummy field 'set email' where it will fetch the email address of the related record. Thought it would have triggered, but no luck.

@EricRegnier 

hi,

I am not quite sure how to configure this one; what should i be entering here.

Teresa24486_0-1603790660868.png

To be able to send an email from a custom entity, you need to enable the "Send email" option at the entity level settings, then you would be able to set the custom entity record as a recipient in your workflow. Cheers

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,637)