Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Option Set Creation errors

Hi there.

Yesterday I tried adding a few more option sets to my environment.

I kept getting the following error:

"The option set could not be created: Could not find an optionset with name and id c08ce2a6-96e2-ea11-a814-000d3a21187e."

Annotation 2020-08-20 054948.jpg

I tried again this morning, and I was able to create just one option set, and then the error came back.

Please help

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Seems to be some environment issue, suggest that each of you open a Microsoft Support Ticket at: https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support. Good luck

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello, I know it is not a solution but so that you can at least deal with the issue.

You can enter the option set option through the old interface Configuration> Advanced Options> Configuration> customization> customizations> customize the system.
There you will find the option set of options.
That same problem was happening to me repeatedly and this way it always worked for me.

I hope it helps you.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @justinridge 

Let me know how you are creating the Option sets, because they can be created in two ways, one is from the Option Sets list within the portal or directly within an entity while creating a field. 

You can check this link related to the above information ::
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/custom-picklists

Thanks

Highlighted

Hello,

My colleague and I are having exactly the same error message.

In my case, it happens using any of the two ways to create the Option Set (from the list and from the entity field).

Any help would be much appreciated!

Best regards,

R.

Highlighted

Have there been any updates concerning CDS, Options Sets etc.?

There seems to be a general problem with option sets. Only a few days ago, Comboboxes in our Canvas App have been working perfectly, now out of nowhere those same dropdowns don't work anymore. Today I've tried to replicate the relevant option sets, but was able to create only one. After that, same error as author.

Highlighted

Joining this conversation - I'm having the same issue here. Tried creating both ways.

Highlighted

Same issue here.. can't create an option set either way.

Highlighted

Seems to be environment specific. If I switch back to my older Default environment it's fine.

Highlighted

Same issue here. Has anyone found a solution for that?

Highlighted

Seems to be some environment issue, suggest that each of you open a Microsoft Support Ticket at: https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support. Good luck

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello, I know it is not a solution but so that you can at least deal with the issue.

You can enter the option set option through the old interface Configuration> Advanced Options> Configuration> customization> customizations> customize the system.
There you will find the option set of options.
That same problem was happening to me repeatedly and this way it always worked for me.

I hope it helps you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (12,628)